RI has a well diversified range of employment opportunities, top-rated universities, and is one of the top states to start a company. Also, it takes an hour or less to go from Providence to Boston by train during rush hour, and 45 minutes by car to Route 128 near Boston.
Examples of companies with headquarters or campuses in RI
Rhode Island Resources for Entrepreneurs
1. Betaspring and its RevUp program provides $75,000 and immersion in a 3 month program focused on increasing customer acquisition and revenue.
2. Business Innovation Factory aims to transform education, healthcare and government through human-centered business model innovation.
3. Social Enterprise Greenhouse creates positive social and economic impacts by supporting social entrepreneurs and enterprises with the tools and networks they need to thrive.
5. Hope & Main is Rhode Island’s first culinary business maker, which has helped more than fifty local food businesses get off the ground.
6. Hatch Entrepreneurial Center , helps early-stage companies with office facilities, conference rooms and meeting spaces.
7. Hope Artiste Village is a studio and marketplace for artists and craftspeople, as well as a hub for other firms.